Ok, not all of it is a rant...

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Last Post of 2005

I wonder how many people have that either in their blog title or somewhere in their actual post today? :)

Every year people make New Years Resolutions that never or at least rarely get carried out to the fullest so rather than make some unattainable resolutions, I'm gonna keep them within reach.

  1. Go somewhere I've never been before... Destination Europe. Two close friends of mine did a tour of Europe last year and they both loved it and suggested that now I'm single I should do the same thing, apparently it would do me some good. Oh and visit my friend Sara when I do this to, she's probably one of the coolest girls I know. Also on the itinerary, go to California and visit Sabina and Kraig, I haven't seen Sabina since the summer and I haven't seen Kraig since their wedding 4 years ago.
  2. Take better care of myself... Yes this is the old classic New Years Resolution "Exercise more, aka go to the Gym" but it's something I've been thinking about a lot lately and I have tons of free time these days so rather than occupy my free time by staying at work which isn't healthy, I'll go do something that is healthy. Eat better to, my fridge is usually empty and I probably eat too many microwave dinners and I do like to cook, cooking for myself sorta sucks but it's good practice for when I have to cook for someone else. :)
  3. Be more productive at work, I think I had a good year but there's room for improvement and the fact I was thrown onto a project 14 days before it went 'live' scared the crap out of me but someone thought I could do it so I don't want to let them down and it's one hell of an opportunity to learn new stuff. :P
  4. Finish getting my MCSE, ya I know it probably won't get me anymore money where I currently am but it might if I go somewhere else... I also want to see if I can actually get it too.
  5. Be more honest... (Hmmmm maybe that should be closer to the top??) Let me qualify, be more honest with myself. Ya I know I should always be honest with myself but sometimes we all have moments of dishonesty to keep other people happy or to avoid conflict. I say to hell with that. :)
  6. Be more financially responsible, get rid of my debt or at least bring it down to something that's not so freakin' scary. :)

A short list of stuff I think I can seriously accomplish this year.

I've recently had this urge to buy furniture for my apartment, I don't know why and I certainly can't afford it but I could seriously use a nicer chair in my living room and I would like to get a fouton for my office and maybe furnish it a bit better rather than being some place to put my bike and computer. :) I'd like to get an area rug for my living room too because the floor gets extremely cold in the winter and it's bad enough that my windows leak and who seriously wants to wear slippers all the time? and it would help me hide the speaker cables when I finally get my rear speakers for my entertainment system.

If money wasn't a problem I'd get a nice arm chair to match my couch and a one of those funky lounge chairs - you know one of those ones where you're lying down a bit, I think they are called Chaise. I'd love to get a new bedroom set, the one I have now I've had since I was a kid and it's just not me anymore. :) Ahhhhh to dream. :)

Anyhow to who ever is reading this "Happy New Years" and good luck with those resolutions, stick to them. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Natasha Zabchuk said...

area rug, fouton, chair... pfft keep dreaming :D. #6 wont happen if you keep buying stuff!

3:42 PM

 
Blogger zabber said...

It was an urge, not something I going to run out and do right away, maybe later on in the year.

Sheesh, sister's aways kicking me in shins. :)

5:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home