Ok, not all of it is a rant...

Friday, August 31, 2007

Thunderstorm

I'm reminded that the pain is still there, lingering like the storm clouds above but I try to ignore it
It will blow over and I can continue to ignore it
The wind picks up; I feel a rain drop fall and tickle the back of my neck, like she used to. I wonder if it was all a sham. Were her feelings true?
Lightning cracks across the sky like her words that day she broke my heart
I ride the bus, too distracted to read
The rain comes down - pounding the pavement washing away the grime
I wish I was in the rain
I get off the bus, it's raining hard
I exit the terminal, the rain pounds the ground around me
Within moments I'm soaked but the pain still hasn't washed away
Lightning crashes across the sky and the thunder rips into my heart
Will she ever know how much she hurt me?
Does she even think about me?
Even with the people around me running from the rain I feel alone
I walk in the rain, not caring how wet I'm getting
Tears well up but I fight them off at least I win that battle
My compassion used against me
I get it, it's best kept under a rock
I see your picture, you're smiling
I smile slightly as I remember the times you smiled at me with those loving eyes
Then I realize you are gone and along with it my smile
Damn you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home